GBTEL now offers our residential high speed internet service to customers in the following campgrounds:
Start-up costs include activation, installation and a wireless router as follows:
|1st Month Service||Pro Rated Amount|
|Total :||$214.98 + 1st Month + taxes|
Please note that the wireless router is a specific requirement in order minimize potential interference and provide a quality service.
To confirm availabality and schedule an installation, please give us a call on 519-378-1410.
GBTEL offers high speed wifi hotspot access to visitors of the following campgrounds:
Hotspot access can be purchased based on the time period required and payment must be made via credit card.
We offer 5 plans as listed below:
|Access Period||Cost||Number of Devices|
|1 hour||$3.99||limited to 1 device at a time|
|1 day||$9.99||limited to 1 device at a time|
|3 days||$12.99||use a second device for $5.00 more|
|1 week||$19.99||use a second device for $10.00 more|
|1 month||$39.99||2 devices at a time|
Visit our Hotspot Landing Page for more information and to sign up.
Only applicable to residential, business, or seasonal residential campground service, not Hotspot users.
A typical installation will consist of an installation fee of $99.99 and an activation fee of $49.99, but installation costs may vary according to location and equipment necessary.
A typical installation has a cost of $99.99(1).The equipment is property of GBTel, and maintained, under agreement, by GBTel.
Seasonal Customers(5) do not qualify for an equipment maintenance agreement if they purchased the equipment at the onset of their installation.
Please contact us for information regarding seasonal installations.
Since all outdoor equipment must be mounted on the outside of the customer's home or business, structural enhancements (such as a television tower or a tripod) may be required.
If you have an existing television tower, no extra cost beyond the extra outdoor installation will be applied.
Some customers may need a 3 foot tripod installed onto their roofs to hold our equipment. An additional fee would be applied for this extra piece of structural equipment.
(1) Most installations are priced at $99.99 due to the amortization of the required wireless equipment, this disclaimer simply provides an explanation of potential installation costs. Installation in certain locations will be charged at $149.99 due to the additional travel time required.
(2) Please note that the owner or owners of the installed location must be present when the installation is conducted.
(3) In proceeding with the installation the owner absolves and releases Grey Bruce Telecom Inc. and all of its subsidiaries and partners from any liability associated with the installation. In most cases, Grey Bruce Telecom will install structural support components (such as tripods, satellite arms etc). It is the OWNER'S responsibility to address any issues with these items at the point of installation. Grey Bruce Telecom will also run a cable inside to a computer/router. It is the OWNER'S responsibility to tell Grey Bruce Telecom technicians where/how to run the cable and to make them aware of any cosmetic, structural or other issues at the location. In proceeding with and paying for the installation, the owner accepts the work of Grey Bruce Telecom as "good" and from therein Grey Bruce Telecom shall be absolved from any liabilities.
(4) All of our residential wireless plans have expected speed ranges as follows:Expected Speeds
(5) Seasonal customers are defined by customers that have their internet for less than 1 year and re-activate on an on-going basis (ie year after year). Certain seasonal customers were installed whereby they purchased their equipment and do not have a seasonal activation fee (known as "SNAF" customers). SNAF customers are not covered by GBTEL's normal terms of service wherein the majority of repair work or upgrade work is free. SNAF customers will be billed on a "per service call" basis or "according to the work required by the customer". SNAF customers can change to normal seasonal activation customers without issue simply by informing GBTEL of their desire to do so. Normal seasonal customers pay an annual re-connect fee of $49.99 which covers the majority of issues.
(6) Seasonal service is not pro-rated upon reactivation, billing will begin from either the 1st or 15th of the month, depending on the reactivation date.Direct Deposit Notes